Monday, February 26, 2007

Sunday Morning Call

Saturday evening arrived quite quickly and after a quick shower and packing my things I went and picked Paul up from his sisters house. We made our way to Graze in Bramhall, for a rendezvous with Ian and Cookie, before we set off to Wooller's house in Macclesfield. A couple of cans and a quick change of clothes and we set off for a bite to eat at the Flowerpot. By all accounts everybody enjoyed their food and we then headed for Wetherspoons. I have to say I was pleased that we could all sit down and chat, and more than anything, it was good to see the boys.

A couple of jugs of Vodka Redbull later and we were heading to Barracuda. As Cookie has said in his Blog, there were several young looking faces in the que and although I'm only 25, I did feel slightly old!!! Once inside the drinks started flowing and it all got rather messy!!! I had a great night, Paul provided constant laughs by generally being himself and Ian and Cookie were on good form too. Wooller seemed a little distant but I guess he had a lot on his mind, not least getting up for work on Sunday at 9am.

As we were preparing to leave, I began hunting for my coat, and unfortunately I couldn't find it. Whether it had been pinched or whether I'd misplaced it, God only knows but i was pretty pissed off. I'd only paid about £15 for it in the sales but it was a nice coat and the likelyhood that some theiving bugger had it again made me think about the downfall of society in general.

Now at this point, Wooller's girlfriend Michelle had arrived and I could tell that all was not well. We departed to the takeaway and he agreed to meet us at his house. My Chicken Tikka kebab wasn't too bad and after that we set off to try and find a cab. The cab driver had a CD on of a band called the Macc Lads. I knew of them but I'd never listened to any of their music. Maybe it was because I was a bit drunk, but their cover of the Sweet's song Blockbuster (changed to The Fat Bastard) was hilarious.

After waiting for Wooller for half an hour we had a few games of Xbox with a couple of cans and retired to bed.

At 8am in the morning, there was a rather loud, Gestapo sounding knock at the door. Maybe I'm dreaming I thought. Nope there it was again. As Ian was nearest, he answered the door. I was half expecting a Swat team to enter, only to be greeted with a rather cheery Michelle shouting morning at the top of her voice, before running upstairs to argue with Matt. Now, I appreciate that they had issues to sort but, 1) it was 8am, 2) Wooller had his mates staying and 3) time and a place!!!! 40 minutes later and she departed leaving Wooller quite embarrassed, and Ian, Cookie and myself rather pissed off.

It made me realise how fortunate I am though. Jennie is very considerate like that and I know she would never try and make a scene in front of my friends.

After leaving Wooller's house I went home, with Jen arriving about half an hour later. We went and did a bit of shopping at the Trafford Centre before renting Walk The Line from Blockbusters. I've seen the film before but, it really is good, so I was quite happy to watch it again. After that we had a nice meal with my parents before Jen went back home.

1 comment:

Cookiesworld said...

The photos from the evening out are all online on my site