Monday, February 26, 2007

Car Problems.....

Well its been an interesting weekend. I'll start on friday afternoon. At about 3.30pm, I decided to nip to the bank to put some cheques in, and as I was walking back to my car I noticed that one of my rear tyres was looking decidedly flat. Not wanting to chance it too much I took the car over the road to Top Marks garage, where upon further inspection 2 screws were found to be embedded in my tyre. I'd also managed to take a chunk of rubber out of one of the front tyres so it was decided that 2 new tyres would be needed. At £235 for the pair I wasn't too happy but when you've got a HIgh Performance Sports Vehicle, I'm afraid needs must!!!

A trip to the Piggy (my local) on friday was quite good, one of the lads, Bez, who lives in London is moving out to Berlin with his girlfriend so a few drinks were consumed and I wished him happily on his way. Work on saturday was quite good until I was preparing to leave and noticed that somebody had scraped the rear wing on my car. Now, in the past I've never really looked after my cars too well, but since I've had my MX5, i've tried really hard to clean it regularly and really look after it. So I suppose its sod's law that something like this happens. I'm probably more annoyed that somebody else feels that its ok to damage other peoples property (and on this occasion my pride and joy) and get away with it. I guess its the way that society has become now.

No comments: