Thursday, February 22, 2007

Money makes the world go round....

Having set my blog up on tuesday I have since been unable to find the time to actually sit in front of the computer to add an update. So here we are thursday evening.

Its been an eventful week, what with a few things happening at home which I don't really want to go into (not because they're bad but because they're things that I don't feel I should be sharing outside of the 4 walls of my home), an interesting trip to the accountants and a very succesful day at work today. The trip to see Simon, my accountant, wielded a bit of a shock, in that our tax bill for the company stands at £2400 and needs paying by June 1st. Better get saving!!! In all fairness its given me a kick up the arse which I probably needed and has made me very aware of the fact that my business is my livelyhood and I probably need to re-evaluate the time I spend at work and use it more productively.

I spent Wednesday night at Jennie's house. On arriving I discovered that she'd prepared a really nice meal, which I gladfully ate with her parents. Jen's dad (Richie) is a big Everton fan so he went off to Goodison Park to watch the match whilst me and Jen enjoyed Dragon's Den on BBC2. I really like the show and find that I gain a lot of inspiration from it. I want to have a successful business and watching the likes of Duncan Bannatyne and Peter Jones kinda drives me to do better.

I managed to speak to Paul earlier this evening. He was out in Macclesfield with Wooller and I suggested that instead of meeting up and going out and getting wrecked that we maybe go for a bite to eat before we do. It'd make a change from sitting in a bar where you can't here yourself speak. Paul mentioned something about having a Gypsy's Playground rehearsal which may not finish til about 7.30ish so I get the feeling that it may not happen. I do sometimes get frustrated with everyone. The lack of enthusiasm for doing something a bit more civilised does annoy me slightly. Maybe i'm getting older but i've lost the urge to go out and get off my face, and instead would prefer some good food and conversation with a few drinks on top. However, I have to be respectful of my friends, not all of them have girlfriends and I think that Saturday may well be seen as an opportunity to go out on the "pull"!!!! Either way, it'll be good to see everyone out and I think we'll have a great time no matter what we do.

No comments: